Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Elvis, Kool-Aid, and a house full of memories..

Sitting here surrounded by a childhood of memories with a glass full of Kool-Aid, I'm reflecting on past thoughts I once had. Constantly wondering where I'm going to be in five years from now. A couple of hours ago, I went to look at a house that a couple of my newlywed friends will hopefully get in the near future. As they showed me around the outside of the house, I couldn't help but admire what they have. It's nice to see people in love. I mean, I observe daily the people around me. There are so many relationships, some struggling and some going strong and steady, yet either way, I still feel this emptiness down in my soul that tells me both are doing better than me. What's more important than to have someone to face the world with? Even if it's for a second. The timeless question is still being asked today, "Is it better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all?" So still pondering an answer, I refill my empty glass of Kool-Aid and turn Elvis back up.

No comments:

Post a Comment